Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Around the World in 62 Days!

Welcome to the 2010 ICS Fall Internship!

Let me introduce myself, as I’m the Primary Blog Updater. My name is Melea (rhymes with “Maria”), I taught English in SE Asia for four years before joining the Northwestern family as a co-leader of last year’s ICS internship trip, and I’m excited to see this fall’s group of students getting excited about going overseas themselves.


Many things go into preparing for a trip that will take us around the world in 62 days. In class we discussed how we interact with others based on our own presumptions of them. The students considered how other cultures view time, for example, and even considered how other cultures may view us as Americans and what impact that has on how we carry ourselves. Outside of classes, we’re gearing up for some final fundraisers and hopefully some social interactions so we can get to know each other better.

We’re praising God for the abundance of what has come in so far. Thank you for all of your support, both prayerful and financial! We look forward to giving regular updates of His power and providence on this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment